Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not so sure how I feel about this game...

Callum has a new game and it's called "Bye Mama". It consists of saying bye to me and then either shutting a door between the two of us, ducking out of view, or just walking backwards while watching me. He's gets an amazing sly smile while he's doing it and it is really funny because he TOTALLY doesn't mean it. In fact, he's even more attached to my hip these days. It's just him "trying on" a bit of independence, I suppose. And, even though I still get lots of love it is a little glimpse into a day when he won't actually need me and I'm not sure how I feel about that!

1 comment:

ten finger workshop said...

It's really hard to see them testing these waters. They turn from toddler to your little buddy so quickly. I find myself saying "come on bud" constantly.