Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Extravaganza!

I was a lucky mama this Mother's Day. Callum's school hosts a Mother's Day Tea the Friday before---the kids prepare it all (wink) complete with food, song, books, and gifts that they make. I got an amazing plant that Callum had picked and planted in the classroom. And, an impromptu "I love you THIS MUCH" said while reaching him arms up into the sky. I will admit to a few happy tears!

Then, I was spoiled on Sunday with a crepe breakfast, even more handmade gifts, and a great dinnner. But the real treat was a family hike.

Cal discovered the beauty of a deep attachment to a walking stick.

Jude discovered how amazing the whole world is from a perch way up high.

And, we all confirmed how nice it is to be outside together. Callum was a great sport and loved every minute of it. About halfway through the hike he was chattering away saying "I like hiking. Oh look! Mama! An elephant! A camel! A horse! I'm using my senses. I can see lots of things on this hike." The only real critter we saw was a chipmunk but Callum saw a whole zoo.

No comments: