Monday, September 26, 2011

Welcome to this Beautiful Story

Oh, Callum James! 


The very exciting new development in the life of this big brother is an unshakeable need to draw! After nearly no interest at all for years he suddenly is interested in drawing like mad! His favorite is drawing pictures with oil pastels (craypas I saved from my adolescence, none the less).  He's taken to promising to draw me something rather than explain it to me.  For example, "Hey buddy, how was your day?" "Mama, I'm going to draw it for you when we get home. Ok?" (Draw is always said with great emphasis as if he is explaining to me something new that I might not have heard of. ) 

The other day after reading one of our favorite Skippyjon Jones books he retreated to his little art table and was working away at a furious pace.  And, then he came to me asking to write the words.  He had written his own Skippyjon Jones book!  

So, here it is (if you know these books, you know that this text is ridiculous enough to actually make sense, though he was clearly winging it as far as book content on this one.) :
 Oh, I wear my suit!

 I like my family.
 I want some noise. 
 I like to ride at space with the space doggies!
 I like my sock monkey.
 I love anything in life!
 I like tables and...
 I like my mud toy. 
 I love my home.
 I like meatballs. I like my town.
 The end! 
Welcome to this beautiful story!



No comments: