Friday, September 25, 2009

Imagination in Bloom

The world of imagination is in full bloom over here. Cal finds adventures and secrets behind every corner. These are just a few.
1)He is extemely attached to his teddy bear "Teddy" and assigns Teddy thoughts, feelings, and preferences. Most of these are extensions of his own thoughts, feelings, and preferences of course. The other day Teddy was hitting and got a timeout, he also was eager to read a book while sitting in Cal's lap but soon vigorously shook his head and said 'that is the end of that book'. Teddy goes down the slide, takes lots of nap, does lots of dancing and is becoming a regular member of the family.

2) Lot of games revolve around firefighters these days. All of these people lined up on the fire truck are firefighters. The farmhouse chicken also wanted to be a firefighter but there wasn't enough 'space for him'.


3. He like to pretend he is falling asleep and then leap up saying 'Woah! There's a monkey in my crib'

4. If he has something in his eye he says 'I have a butterfly in my eye' or with a stuffed nose he says, 'I have spiders in my nose'.

5. One of his favorite games is to play we are all a train--he is either the steam engine or the driver and leads us. Papa is usually a box car and Mama is almost always the caboose.

6. The one that cracks us up the most, however, is when he plays robot. This involves walking around the house on his tiptoes, with the palms of his hand facing each other straight out in front of him while he says 'I'm am a robot. I'm am a robot.' It is always "I'm Am" never "I am".

7. A corner to the side of the couch has become his office, he brings a bag and some trucks and says 'I'm am going to work.' The adults are then required to blow him a kiss and say 'I Love You' really loud. This is by special request. The first time he played this game it was explicitly laid out that saying I love you should happen loudly. Then he just sits there from his 'office' looking at us, waiting to "come home" from work.

2 comments:

moon darlin said...

oh, i just want to SQUEEEEZE him!!!!

Julie said...

That was Julie. Not sure why I'm signed in as "Mike"... HELP! We're MORPHING!